We are looking for an experienced digital Product Manager to lead research and planning for developing BMJ’s open research publishing model, defining the strategic direction based on evidence generated from market intelligence, user and customer feedback.
- Defining the infrastructure and workflows to offer an end-to-end solution for open researchers that is attractive to authors, readers and funders
- Meeting funder and researcher needs for:
- greater openness throughout the research pathway
- More credit to be given for interim and non-traditional research outputs
- Wholly open workflows, alongside open access research publication
- Ensuring BMJ’s open research offering is continuously evolved to generate value for its customers, readers and BMJ within the changing research landscape, understanding and articulating what this value is and setting KPIs to measure progress against them.
- Explore options for switching from a ‘pay-to-read’ subscription-based business model to new, more transparent, payment models for open research